account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Remove swiftkey

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 61
Message 11 of 61

Re: Remove swiftkey

Hi @DrBIG,

I'm afraid I don't know why it isn't possible to download Xperia Keyboard from Google Play but I have requested more information about this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 12 of 61
Message 12 of 61

Yeah, that's a mystery. It has worked like a charm for me for several months now. I figure it's measure to discourage users from getting used to it, thus avoiding too much of a sh*t storm when/if it gets pulled from the store altogether. Only speculations is course, but I see no point at all otherwise.
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 13 of 61
Message 13 of 61

I have had a few problems recently overheating and running out of battery, wether it was the "Google keyboard" causing the battery to run low very quickly or the hardware I am not sure, but after switching to the "Xperia keyboard" as the default, my battery is running much better, and the multi taps are reducing, I believe the google keyboard is not suitable for this phone at the moment.
Visitor
Message 14 of 61
Message 14 of 61

Install the xperia keybord. Not to hard to find..😁
Adviser
Message 15 of 61
Message 15 of 61

The battery is running low on the Xperia keyboard once again, I will resume using the Google keyboard

Adviser
Message 16 of 61
Message 16 of 61

Obviously, you had this issue with both keyboards. What makes you think it's related to keyboard app? I'd stick with the better product. Upside-down Face
Adviser
Message 17 of 61
Message 17 of 61

The first time i switched to the Xperia keyboard the device had a much better battery life (which changed shortly after - as above), many factors could have influenced this effect (i was running in safe mode temporarily) The battery life has doubled since build # 297 so I am no longer committing such drastic changes, i would have stayed with the SwiftKey keyboard if the battery didnt drain so quickly, the keyboard is in use by all applications my only guess was the keyboard did not agree with the operating system's sleep mode (/in particular applications) so time to try another keyboard manager.
One time poster
Message 18 of 61
Message 18 of 61

Tryed to install another old sony keyboard but it dont work,
How can i get a real keyboard on my phone this SwiftKey crap is totaly useless, i need a real keyboard
Adviser
Message 19 of 61
Message 19 of 61

SwiftKey is good for customizability (How To Geek's article).

You can download a new keyboard application from the Play store, and change keyboard in the "language & input" section of the settings and configuration interface on the phone (Settings), this phone came with the SwiftKey keyboard (by default) and a couple of Xperia keyboards.

One time poster
Message 20 of 61
Message 20 of 61

I am so glad I found this thread, I have been irritated for many weeks now with swiftkey. Space types something sometimes when I want to type, delete inserts æsj sometimes, but not always.
Love and missed the old keyboard that is now installed