account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone super slow after Oreo update

One time poster
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

Re: Phone super slow after Oreo update

Та же проблемма, батарею жрет по страшному! Раньше заряда батареи хватало на 2 сутки, теперь хватает на по дня! Ужас! Оперативной памяти потребляет больше 2 гб! Много полезных функций нет! На анроид 7 работало все отлично! Уважаемые разработчики исправте все, либо сделайте откат к андроид 7! Очень жалею что обновился до 8 версии! Очень разочарован теперь своим телефоном! Думаю о приобретении Apple! Он хотябы шустрее, чем эти андроиды!

The same problemma, the battery is eating terrible! Previously, the battery charge was enough for 2 days, now enough for a day! Horror! RAM consumes more than 2 GB! There are not many useful functions! The anroid 7 worked fine! Dear developers, fix everything, or roll back to android 7! I'm very sorry that I updated to version 8! Very disappointed now with your phone! I think about the acquisition of Apple! He is hotter than these androids!

GT

One time poster
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

I got the same. Super slow. Non responsive  screen sometimes it goes all wacky and hits buttuns I'm not even close to..close all tabs doesn't work. And yesterday my screen went completely black for a long time. Typing this message is hard even... Very sad... 

Visitor
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Same here. It's so slow it hurts. I literally can't do day to day things because the phone will hung up, so things like using Snapchat become impossible. Xperia fix plz.

Visitor
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

PS: I have a regular Xperia X. It's not the Performance edition.

Apprentice
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

Same issues here with xperia x performance on Oreo.

*battery drains FAST

*phone gets hot

*lags so much

*snapchat is painfully slow to use

*stuttering in videos

I'd say the RAM is all but taken up.

I seriously hope the XZ2 comes to Australia with 6gb of ram because i need a new phone! 

Apprentice
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

I have a regular Xperia X and I wish I'd never seen the Oreo update, I've only had my phone around 6 months, its slow, it types random letters and nothing is working right-What can I do? 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

You might try this.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Regular
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

Have you tried to reset to factory settings after the update? Sometimes it helps. 

One time poster
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

Hello,

I'd like to complain about same problem - Xperia X Performance(!) is slow and drains battery very fast.

One more thing - in navigation application it shows my location with delay (was not happen before).

Most likely, it is started after Oreo upgrade.

Please help!

if I follow all nice advices, like "turn off data service, GPS, bluetooth etc.", then I don't need the smartphone, right?

BR

Alex

One time poster
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

I'm the only one in my house that still uses Samsung android. I figure that's gonna change soon.  Oreo 8 destrpod my phone.  Can't do anything the same. slowwwwww. Fix