account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Phone Died, now, not charing, no RED light, nothing

Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Phone Died, now, not charing, no RED light, nothing

Hi

This morning the phone's battery died (I never let that happen but this time I had no choice). Anyway, about 30 minutes later, I plug in the phone and nothing happen.

The red LED at the top is not showing up, holding the power button doesn't do anything, same for key up + power, key down + power, etc.

I tried 5 different kind of chargers (whom 3 are Sony) with and without original cable... nothing.

The phone doesn't seem to get hot like when charging the battery. The phone is 14 months old so not that old really.

It's also not detected by my laptop or desktop PC.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Learner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone Died, now, not charing, no RED light, nothing

Just for reference, if this can help someone else later... I fixed the problem.

I opened the back of the phone, disconnected physically the battery, waited about 1-2 minutes and reconnected the battery. Tested and the red LED is now active and the charging icon popped up. I've put back the back cover and all is good.

I used the following video for instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw5wKGq8eYo

The connector is hidden behind the plastic piece at the top of the Sony logo (SO to be precise) on the battery that you can see at 1:06 in the above video. Lift the connector to disconnect.

Get full and original replacement parts for Sony Xperia X Performance at http://www.witrigs.com/accessories-for-sony-xperia-x-performance Don't forget to Like if this video helps you. And don't forget to SUBSCRIBE! Witrigs offers not only mobile repair tutorial including disassembly, assembly, and