account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

No ANT+ for Xperia X(A) (Performance)?

One time poster
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

No ANT+ for Xperia X(A) (Performance)?

Does the new phones have no ANT+ anymore?

13 REPLIES 13
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: No ANT+ for Xperia X(A) (Performance)?

no, they dont have ant+ anymore

http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/whitepapers/xperia-x-performance-f8132-white-paper/

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
One time poster
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

If I knew I would not have purchased this model. How can it be fixed? It is a real shame for that amount of money. ..How can Sony explain it?
Genius
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Oh well I am not Sony but I used it with the Z3c, a chest...

Oh well I am not Sony but I used it with the Z3c, a chest strap, used when I (used to) exercise. Then I wanted to change and bought the C5 which a website stated falsely it had Ant+... Soooo, go in the play store and download the Ant+ Tester app, if it say that your device is compatible via OTG then you could still buy an micro USB Ant+ dongle and use your Ant+ devices. However the dongles are bulky, I broke mine. Now when I (rarely) exercise I use the swr10 and/or Moto 360.

Screenshot_2016-07-30-21-39-31.png

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Regular
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Got the same disappointment, Maybe I trade my xp in for a galaxy s7 edge.... Less options then z5 what the heck
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Hi @JummyZX,

It is correct that the Xperia X Performance does not support ANT+.
I'm sorry if you were led to believe otherwise. Slightly frowning Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

It is sad as the whole range of xperia z has ant+ I skipped the Z5 in order to get a

better processor and camera with the x performance... in favour of the galaxy s7 edge...

Now I'm not that sure anymore. The x + performance range is a midrange device as of now I suppose.

I own dual band devices ant+ and BT(LE) as they are best with both in fitness...

Any change of ant+ coming back?

Valentijn Langendorff

Genius
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

@JummyZX wrote:

It is sad as the whole range of xperia z has ant+ I skipped the Z5 in order to get a

better processor and camera with the x performance... in favour of the galaxy s7 edge...

Now I'm not that sure anymore. The x + performance range is a midrange device as of now I suppose.

I own dual band devices ant+ and BT(LE) as they are best with both in fitness...

Any change of ant+ coming back?

Valentijn Langendorff

With a huge selection of Bluetooth smartband, smartwatch and accessories and due the fact that Bluetooth is not a very mature standard you will see that many OEMs will slowly ditch ANT+ because the ANT+ is just a surplus considered that Bluetooth is gaining a de facto title of "standard" for many means of connections and communication between devices. 

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

@JummyZX I'm sorry but I have no information about that.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Sad... the XP has a broadcom chipst that is capable of ant+ according a developer...