account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Is X replacing the other models?

Commissioner
Message 51 of 70
Message 51 of 70

Re: Is X replacing the other models?

That's exactly what I was thinking Uliwooly. 4GB RAM is the new default RAM that companies have started using so that's why I'm curious since the Performance has 3GB RAM.
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 52 of 70
Message 52 of 70

@edmonddantes1829 wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking Uliwooly. 4GB RAM is the new default RAM that companies have started using so that's why I'm curious since the Performance has 3GB RAM.

I'm not sure, but 3 GB RAM could hint for 32-bit OS, but it would be a very big loss in terms of performance of SP820 CPU. But for me XP, and the whole X series looks as a very stripped down versions of Z-series. I hope there will be something "better" till IFA Slightly frowning Face

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Commissioner
Message 53 of 70
Message 53 of 70

Me too Uliwooly :-)
Enthusiast
Message 54 of 70
Message 54 of 70

Sony's statement was clear and disturbing, "there will be no Z series in the future and the X seires is the new flagship line". Well their bizzare move was stripping the X series from some of the key major standerd feature of any flagship device like 4K video recording. Their new focus and approach was strange. Their focusing on strengthening camera features and yet they do the opposite. Their flagship device Xperia X Performance will not be offered globaly, instead just the mid-power model X and the lower model XA will be offered globaly. When Sony was asked about the reason, the replied "most countries don't support LTE Cat 9 Speed". Very Odd!
Enthusiast
Message 55 of 70
Message 55 of 70

@Ahmad007

When you said Flagship before I assumed you were talking about a phone that hasn't been announced yet. The X performance is being featured on the USA site so does that mean it's coming to America?

Enthusiast
Message 56 of 70
Message 56 of 70

@Ninjabird7

Yup I just noticed, then it's more likely that'll be available in the US. I have to check other sites also, and see what's going on.
Enthusiast
Message 57 of 70
Message 57 of 70

@Ninjabird7

Most of the sites mentions the X Performance, but still I think that doen't mean that it's going to be released in the US, hope that I'm wrong and wish that it gets released every where though.

Forum Legend
Message 58 of 70
Message 58 of 70

Will Predictive Autofocus come to Z5 series or is it an exclusive feature for the XPerf.?
http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/02/22/sonys-predictive-hybrid-autofocus-in-action/

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 59 of 70
Message 59 of 70

@nolramlb I think it has to do with the camera sensor, which I think is a new one on the X series.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Forum Legend
Message 60 of 70
Message 60 of 70

@alexdon: aren't the X series using the IMX300? i just saw the tweet about it, Xperia GB said it was a combination of software and hardware, soo I think your right it won't come to z5 series... Slightly frowning Face I just hope they would improve post processing algorithm,

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling