account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

GPS signal dropouts while navigating

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

GPS signal dropouts while navigating

Hi,
My Xperia is losing GPS connection on the road causing me to take the wrong turn or miss turns.
The handset sometimes has perfect gps signal and has passed the GPS diagnostic test, but has also failed.
My carrier asked me to get in contact with Sony to ensure the service works as provided by them.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: GPS signal dropouts while navigating

Hi @Philip0,

I'm sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

There are a couple of things you can try however.

First of all you can try to purge assistance data. Open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#service#*#*) followed by pressing Service tests > GPS > Tap Purge assistance data and reboot your phone. Then check if there's any change.

Considering that the phone fails the test it's not impossible that there is something wrong with the GPS in your phone. In order to rule that out I'd recommend that you also test another app to see if you can find your position then. I would also suggest that you see if there is any change if you reboot your phone to safe mode.

Let me know how it goes!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Philip0

That's how you get in contact with Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @Philip0,

I'm sorry to hear that. Slightly frowning Face

There are a couple of things you can try however.

First of all you can try to purge assistance data. Open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#service#*#*) followed by pressing Service tests > GPS > Tap Purge assistance data and reboot your phone. Then check if there's any change.

Considering that the phone fails the test it's not impossible that there is something wrong with the GPS in your phone. In order to rule that out I'd recommend that you also test another app to see if you can find your position then. I would also suggest that you see if there is any change if you reboot your phone to safe mode.

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Adviser
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Looks like that fixed it thankyou, also reset my keyboard
Genius
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Glad to hear it @Philip0, thanks for the update!

Let me know if anything happens.

Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi Didrik,

I have the same GPS problem wit my XZ1. 

I tried the above steps, but only restarting the device works.

After I restart the phone, the GPS works for 2-3 day, then the GPS stops again.

Is there any other solution to solve this? 

Thanks