account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Date and Time always start march 1970 on every restart

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Date and Time always start march 1970 on every restart

Whenever I restart my phone, the date always shows wrong. It updates when connected to internet though, but what if I dont have connection. Does it really needs to adjust everytime?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Date and Time always start march 1970 on every restart

Seems ok now. I tried to turn off automatic adjustment and restarted. Then, I set it back and now it is ok.

I do have a sim card, my phone asked for many software updates so needed to restart and to hasten charging I sometimes turn it off. Forgot to say its new.

Thanks for the help!
5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Johan7

Does your phone has a SIM card? 

just wondering, how often and why do you restart the phone often?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Does the problem persist if you turn automatic adjustment off?
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Seems ok now. I tried to turn off automatic adjustment and restarted. Then, I set it back and now it is ok.

I do have a sim card, my phone asked for many software updates so needed to restart and to hasten charging I sometimes turn it off. Forgot to say its new.

Thanks for the help!
Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I have the Dual SIM Version since a few month and updated from 6.0 to 7.0
since then occasionally after restart, the phone has this date problem too - usually it goes away after a few minutes or after a new restart - paid only attention to that, because whatsapp was telling me, that the phones time and date is to far behind from the last message, and therefore whatsapp cannot start correctly

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Also for anyone else reading this and for yourself, something to keep in mind in the future:

If your date and time do not sync with google's internet time, you will not be able to access google play services correctly, and will get errors when trying to access them.
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.