account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery performance

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: Battery performance

I just got my x performance.  First full cycle Slightly frowning FaceScreenshot_20161010-202029.png

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

It is getting worse...

Regular
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

Also noticed Android entry consumes 30% battery life. Just for night time phone lost 65% of battery! Auto-sync turned off and pretty much everything else. Really miss my iPhone loosing 4-5% battery per night.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

What's your experience?
- Screen on Time, Display
- loss during night?
- overall time before charging?
- any special settings or methods (root, etc)?

I give it a go, my usual usage times are :
- SOT 4 hours to 4 hours 30 tops
- 1% per hour loss during the night
- overall time 20 to 24h hours
- no sync, but quite a lot of apps, including Whatsapp and Messenger, no root

I really hope, Nougat will help at least a little bit. Compared to my old Z3 compact, the battery life is horrible.
Regular
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Disabling WiFi always on helped — 16% battery loss per night. Still not good as iPhone. Also looks like stamina mode has no effect on this.
Adviser
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

My battery runs low after 4-5 hours no charge.
Safe mode increases the battery life dramatically, messenger and the screen are the biggest drains in the "battery usage" part of settings.
One time poster
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

Can I put a battery from the z5 premium into normal z5 to improve my battery life? Or are they different?thanks
One time poster
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

I have noticed that my battery is running out much faster than it used to after the recent update. For example, it could go down by 20% in couple of hours on idle mode. When I check battery usage it shows there two android processes only. Which is weird because usefully to get there it normally takes a lot more with screen being at least mentioned on the list. Build number 35.0.A.1.297.
Enthusiast
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

Bought the performance, xz and X compact and while I prefer the performance form factor, it certainly comes in last out of those 3 when it comes to battery life so far.
Does factory reset after update really make a big difference?
Apprentice
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

Since the big update today it is still bad.. But the accelerometer works again which is nice