account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Anyone have the X Performance? The reviews I'm seeing are not very good.

Commissioner
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Anyone have the X Performance? The reviews I'm seeing are not very good.

@MelvinZ thank you for your information about the x performance. let me ask one thing: what is the setting of brightness you´ve done? 6 hour of DOT are not on 100%, right?

Thank you and greetings.

Greetings,

SirRobin
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Can anyone justify the $700 price tag?

If you live in the US that means you'll have to pay $700 up front since the XP is not being carried by AT&T or other US carriers. Does Sony think that Americans are waiting impatiently to drop $700 on their phone? I can't find one advantage this phone has over the Galaxy S7 or HTC10 or OnePlus 3.

I really wanted a Sony phone but I can't finance any of them and I'm not spending $700 on a phone that is should be worth $450. And the more I look at other phones the more the X Performance looks bad. So I don't know what I'm gonna do. If I can do some kind of payment plan then I will consider buying it.

Where can we complain and have Sony actually listen? This phone is not worth $700, this is not a flagship phone. Sorry for this rant but Sony is frustrating.

Learner
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Re: Can anyone justify the $700 price tag?

Hi Ninja

I really love Sony and the XP was my 5th smartphone I bought. But after 10 days the paint of the upper side from the frame started to chip off at all 4 corners. That is rather strange because the frame does not reach the glass and would therefore not touch the ground when put upside down on a surface. Not to mention that not only 1 or two but all corners are peeling eventhough the mobile never felt. Of course Sony refuses replacement/repair on warranty due to "inapropriate handling". And its repair costs are about 40% of the price tag!

Maybe I got this Monday and Christmas and even Easter bug altogether in my smartphone but as far as I can suggest if you can wait for more feedback before you buy -> wait for it!

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi Chip, yeah I don't think I'll be getting the XP anymore. I did get to look at the XA ultra at Best Buy and it looked so nice in person. It's not nearly as fast as the XP but it's actually affordable. I think I'm gonna get that phone and use it until Sony releases the next flagship.

Learner
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Right Ninja

I obviously should have done the same. But since I had the Xperia Z and was waiting all along for a reasonable flagship from Sony I figured the XP should be it. What a disappointment altogetherAnguished Face. I don't think the next Sony flagship can be that spectacular that I will ever buy it. Worried Face

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

I have the Xperia X Performance.

At the moment there are issues affecting the Xperia X Performance (accelerometer and gyroscope failures) which are significant and you should wait before buying this telephone ....which is an excellent mobile telephone, when it works.

Luigi P
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

I own an X Performance. The phone on Marshmallow 6.0.1 was incredible, truly without fanboy exaggeration. Battery life was ridiculous. I used to marvel how long it took to go from 100% to 99%.

On 7.1.1 there is a Nougat issue with Phone Idle being on all the time, so I usually have to recharge in the evening.