account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Message 41 of 411
Message 41 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

Same here. On build .282, phone showing up to date
Apprentice
Message 42 of 411
Message 42 of 411

Sony, please let us know if you are working on this or something. Keep us updated about this!
Regular
Message 43 of 411
Message 43 of 411

Same problem with my X performance (F8132) since a few days ago after update to latest firmware 282. 

Both Accelerometer and Gyroscope stop working after some time when device restart (minutes or hours) and it is only solved after restarting the device again. It is really inconvenience, please urgently help to fix this, Sony.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 44 of 411
Message 44 of 411

I'm very sorry to hear that the update didn't help and we are still looking into this. I will update you as soon as i have more information.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 45 of 411
Message 45 of 411

I notice that it is not due to any app.
I reboot the mobile before sleep, it worked. I woke up and I found that it doesn't work.
So, I suspect there is some background process ruin the accelerator every time after you reboot.
Apprentice
Message 46 of 411
Message 46 of 411

Yep....factory reset nor PC Companion system repair does not fix this ongoing issue.  This is on a F8131

Inhabitant
Message 47 of 411
Message 47 of 411

Guys, as writtem above I have a similar problem affecting accelerometer and gyrosope.

I have tried many thinghs (removing apps, factory reset etc..) ...no success.

Very disappointed.

Luigi P
Apprentice
Message 48 of 411
Message 48 of 411

Hi Rickard, I have the same issue. Is there any way to fix this issue, I don't know by wiping the rotation data or anything?

Is there a next software update planned to fix this?

Please let us know if you have any news, thank you.

Jeshua'B.
Apprentice
Message 49 of 411
Message 49 of 411

Whooops....I needed to reboot mine as the proximity stopped working as well.  All Sensors are operational after boot, but lasted only a few hours.

Good thing I am always on headphones so I don't make good use of the proximity sensor except the Brightness (w/c can be manually adjusted)

KMH
Adviser
Message 50 of 411
Message 50 of 411

Now it workt all day since netflix and snapchat apps was updated,