account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 271 of 411
Message 271 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

Could you please read the thread before complaining? There are some workarounds and a fix scheduled for November. *sigh*
One time poster
Message 272 of 411
Message 272 of 411

Thanks for posting the email from Sony. I have the same problem. I will wait for the software update in November and decide what to do after that, depending on whether it's fixed or not.
Learner
Message 273 of 411
Message 273 of 411

Screen not rotating

Hi, I got my xperia x performance 2 days ago and have had to turn it off and on again three times already because screen stops rotating when I turn the phone to landscape. (it's on auto rotate in the settings)

Forum Legend
Message 274 of 411
Message 274 of 411

Re: Screen not rotating

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X-Performance/Accelerometer-stops-working/td-p/1158490/jump-to/...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Regular
Message 275 of 411
Message 275 of 411

Please fix the issue faster.. this is frustrating
KMH
Adviser
Message 276 of 411
Message 276 of 411

Stil works after 3 days.
From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
Find and tap Settings > Location > Google Location History.
Tap this device and drag the slider beside your device to the left.
Restart your device.
Adviser
Message 277 of 411
Message 277 of 411

Hi, I followed the steps as described by ianchen1967. I did this last week Friday (oct 21) afternoon and up to now, all is working fine.

I haven't restarted my phone since than. I followed exactly as described. 

ianchen1967 wrote: Below solution works so far after five days's trial. No functions and apps need to be disabled. You should remember your google account and password before going. (1) go to Settings - Apps - App Google, press Disable, this will unstall App Google from your phone, and no need to install factory version. (2) go to Settings - Account & sync, press Google and click right-top corner to open menu, press Remove account. (3) Restart your phone. (4) Enter Google play store, you will be requested to login your Google account. Do it. (5) Search App Google in Google play and install up-to-date version of this App, then open/enable App Google. Done.

One time poster
Message 278 of 411
Message 278 of 411

I have the problem also. 35.0.A.1.275 software installed and I still need to restart my phone two or three times a day to reset the Accelerometer / gyro.
Enthusiast
Message 279 of 411
Message 279 of 411

Can you please read? THERE ARE WORKING Fixes. *sigh *
One time poster
Message 280 of 411
Message 280 of 411

Same problem here. To many people with that problem. For sure is the phone and not an app. Hopefully they come with an update soon. I really like the phone.