account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Regular
Message 251 of 411
Message 251 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

@Rickard,

Thanks for your prompt update!!!
Enthusiast
Message 252 of 411
Message 252 of 411

Futile. It works for a little while then it gets stuck again. Same problem here in Finland like all over the world. I have been a Sony fanatic for over 20 years but this does it, this is my last Xperia. Switching to iPhone soon. This accelerometer problem is ridiculous, it cuts off extremely important functions of the phone.
Enthusiast
Message 253 of 411
Message 253 of 411

And what does the barometer have to do with anything? Did not catch the point.
Enthusiast
Message 254 of 411
Message 254 of 411

I'm considering selling the junk but paying over 600 euros for it it won't be easy to find an unsuspecting buyer.
I mean, really? Isn't the Sony giant able to address this issue sooner?? So disappointed in Sony, I thought this was the top of the line phone but none of my previous Xperia phones have been faulty. Ever.
At least Sony should tell us what is causing this mess. Third party cheap parts and labour? Drunk Google developer?
In November?? Most likely next year, you mean.
I will have sold the junk by then, I can't afford not having a perfectly functional device.
Learner
Message 255 of 411
Message 255 of 411

I tried the "disable Google Apps and reboot" but it doesn't seem to work but I've noticed another thing: this time I've disabled the auto rotation of the screen and the acelerometer seems working fine since this morning (checked with cpu-z app), however you will not be able to automatically rotate the screen but it works for apps like navigation or games.
Apprentice
Message 256 of 411
Message 256 of 411

Still got the issue after 8 hrs of removing google account.
Enthusiast
Message 257 of 411
Message 257 of 411

Japanese mobile carrier, docomo already released the fix for this issue today.

(in Japanese)

http://sumahoinfo.com/xperia-x-performnce-so-01j-docomo-gamen-kaitenshinai-fuguai-sensor-gyro-update...

Why carrier locked version of XP gets faster update than unlocked one?

Apprentice
Message 258 of 411
Message 258 of 411

When will we be going to get the update to fix the accelerometer on our x performance phones, world wide. If I were Sony, I would get it out to x performance owners ASAP. Hope if comes soon cause it's getting annoying now and after restart it only last a few minutes until it's not working again. Please fix it soon Sony. I've been a loyal fan and Sony owner since Sony Ericsson w890i
KMH
Adviser
Message 259 of 411
Message 259 of 411

it's working after disable the Google Location History .
Apprentice
Message 260 of 411
Message 260 of 411

Temporary fix at least is ok now.

Well at least the phone doesn't explode :-)