account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 351 of 411
Message 351 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

It is hard to get an even worse battery life Winking Face
Inhabitant
Message 352 of 411
Message 352 of 411

I bought this phone in Hong Kong and I am traveling a lot ... the update release depends from where am I ? ...or just from when it will be released in Hong Kong? 

(Still having the issue with build .282, very annoyed and thinking to buy a new telephone).

Luigi P
Enthusiast
Message 353 of 411
Message 353 of 411

It depends on your customization not your location Winking Face
Apprentice
Message 354 of 411
Message 354 of 411

Excellent! \Ü/

An update is rolling out!  Hopefully my carrier won't hold this of for too long.

Kudos to the community for the suggestions and temporary workaround.

Thanks to Sony for looking after and releasing a fix.

Regards,

Learner
Message 355 of 411
Message 355 of 411

I have the same issue, have to restart every time I want to watch pictures, movies. Also apps that uses activtion as shaking the phone for different functions does not work, have had this issue for more than 2 month now and no update or fix from Sony yet?
Can someone at Sony support please send me an update or a new phone to fix this extremely annoying issue.
I do not accept to buy a top of the line phone model that does not work for more than a month, and where the manufacturere cannot provide a solution either.
Regular
Message 356 of 411
Message 356 of 411

Check your customatization at About phone > diagnostics > facts. Then see this.

https://xpericheck.com/device/F8131
Highlighted
Regular
Message 357 of 411
Message 357 of 411

Accelerometer stops working

Still nothing in the Netherlands, 

getting real tired.... Mailed sony Netherlands, they aren't even aware of the issue and blame it on the hardware...

SONY when does the update come. 

ps already tried all the steps with location history, doesn't work for me.

Regular
Message 358 of 411
Message 358 of 411

Same thing with Telia in Sweden. No idea that there is an issue or even that a patch should be available. Getting real tired of this!

Also a friend has the same phone and she didn't buy it through here operator. How is she suppose to get the firmware?

Getting real tired of this and has seriously considered going back to my Xperia z2 which is a solid phone without issues
Regular
Message 359 of 411
Message 359 of 411

I doubt we get another reply from sony, they of course consider this solved... 

Im gonna wait till december, if it isn't solved by then im gonna return it and buy another brand. 

One time poster
Message 360 of 411
Message 360 of 411

I have the same problem and it needs to be fixed.

Or else i have to claim my money back. This is a major problem for me.