account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Regular
Message 321 of 411
Message 321 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

Webwude. That turning off one feature to make another feature function correctly is not a fix. It's not even a work around.
Learner
Message 322 of 411
Message 322 of 411

Does not work unfortunately
Apprentice
Message 323 of 411
Message 323 of 411

@webwude:  seems I missed seeing this option (location history - Off).  I deactivated location history and so rotation is still working 'till woke up this morning.  Hopefully this works for me until the update.  Hoo-hah!

Apprentice
Message 324 of 411
Message 324 of 411

The same problem on XP Dual with latest firmware 35.A.1.275.
Reboot helps but not all the time. Or Russian forums guys stated that the latest firmware should have resolve the issue. But not with my XP.
Any ideas how to fix?
Enthusiast
Message 325 of 411
Message 325 of 411

@creepwood I will not discuss with you what is a fix or a workaround. We can stop this here. For most users this method works. It will be fixed with nougat as well. So calm down and wait for the release.
One time poster
Message 326 of 411
Message 326 of 411

Auto-rotate

Auto-rotate doesn't work, when I reboot phone auto-rotate work for a few minutes. Sony Xperia X Performance
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 327 of 411
Apprentice
Message 328 of 411
Message 328 of 411

+1, the latest firmware doesn't fix the problem.
Apprentice
Message 329 of 411
Message 329 of 411

Ooops. My apologise for duplicate. I thought that it would be replay to a message.
I have stopped android web view process several hours ago and accelerometer still working.
Apprentice
Message 330 of 411
Message 330 of 411

Webwude, you are a genius and completely right. Turning off Google location history and rebooting x performance gets accelerometer working again and stays working. This shall work for everyone. 

This is how I will leave it until update for fix or nougat update, whichever comes 1st, but at least screen rotate works now. Yippee