account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Regular
Message 281 of 411
Message 281 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

The work around are only temporary and don't even work a full day for me or many others. We are rightly agitated and are venting our frustrations.
One time poster
Message 282 of 411
Message 282 of 411

Same problem here i tried factory reset workt fine for aan hole week. After a week same problem auto rotate stops working after about one hour or so terrible Phone overall
Regular
Message 283 of 411
Message 283 of 411

Hi, just got my Xperia XP back from Xperia Support Thailand. Sony Thailand engineer confirm to me Accelerometer problem came from hardware issue not software!!! they change new M/B to me. Let's me test for 3-4 days will update problem solve or not.

*** Update ***

5 hours after Sony Xperia Support Center replace new main board to me, all the problem was occur again with new problem with proximity sensor not functional.

poor not professional with Sony engineer in Thailand.

One time poster
Message 284 of 411
Message 284 of 411

number of screen prosblems

Hi Support,

I encountered a number of screen problems with my Xperia X Performance.

First of all, every time I talk on the phone and accidentally press my ear to the screen, the call drops. I believe it is because of a high sensitivity of the screen. BUT it seems like it is not possible to change the sensitivity settings in any other way than by writing code understood by the phone's system. Before putting a phone on the market, you should remember that not every user is a developer and not all of us want to look like wide-arms bodybuilders answering the phone in this weird angle:wierd angle phone-answering

Second of all, I have been resetting the display and camera hundreds of times to fix the problem with the photos being rotated by 90 degrees while stored. This makes swiping saved photos uncomfortable and posting then on social media a nightmare because they have to be rotated in an editor EVERY TIME! 

Please, oh, please, can you fix these things???? I really liked the phone so far...

Forum Legend
Message 285 of 411
Message 285 of 411

Re: number of screen prosblems

the problems you are experiencing is due to the problems discussed here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-X-Performance/Accelerometer-stops-working/td-p/1158490/jump-to/...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
One time poster
Message 286 of 411
Message 286 of 411

Display don't rotate

The display rotation doesn't work. I have the option auto rotate activated.

When I reboot the phone, it works for few minutes, but after that it stop working.

Any one have the same problem?
Regular
Message 287 of 411
Message 287 of 411

Try remove Google app and disable location history (read the thread 1-2 page ago)
Adviser
Message 288 of 411
Message 288 of 411

Re: Display don't rotate

after 10 days without restart i noticed now the problem is back.

It seems like every time i post here to indicate it looks like it is fine, it will come back Face with rolling Eyes

One time poster
Message 289 of 411
Message 289 of 411

Same problem build 275 bought in Czech republic.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 290 of 411
Message 290 of 411

Re: Display don't rotate

i have the same problem, started last week....