account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Learner
Message 201 of 411
Message 201 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

Same issue here. Accelerometer not working. I can't switch back and forth between portrait and landscape by flipping the thing sideways. It's very annoying, and it's causing me lots if issues, not to mention that I spent good $$$on this thing and it's only 2 weeks old.
One time poster
Message 202 of 411
Message 202 of 411

Sony, all these people wait little support
Sony Xperia Support
Message 203 of 411
Message 203 of 411

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who send us logs of this and again apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.

I've just received information that a new software update will be available shortly with a solution for this.

Until the new software update is available, if the accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, ambient light, proximity sensor, barometer or screen rotation stops responding, please try to restart the phone as a workaround.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 204 of 411
Message 204 of 411

Finally an official reply from Sony, next time please move faster, or should test everything deeply before you guys release the update.
Enthusiast
Message 205 of 411
Message 205 of 411

God... the maintenance update has nothing to do with it. Some users experienced it even after factory reset. So please stop posting such a nonsense. Thank you.

P. S. Still no issues after nine days without reboot.
Regular
Message 206 of 411
Message 206 of 411

Hi There,

Just got a called from Sony Thailand. They found the cause of this problem when removed Google update the problem was gone.

Waiting call to confirm to bring my phone back.

Apprentice
Message 207 of 411
Message 207 of 411

Good news! Awesome. We've been waiting.
Apprentice
Message 208 of 411
Message 208 of 411

@Rickard wrote:

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who send us logs of this and again apologize for any inconvenience this is causing.

I've just received information that a new software update will be available shortly with a solution for this.

Until the new software update is available, if the accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, ambient light, proximity sensor, barometer or screen rotation stops responding, please try to restart the phone as a workaround.

Thank you this is the news I was hoping for...  Was almost about to take my phone back for a refund.

Question is this software update will sony release it directly or will it have to go through my carrier Telstra (lengthy) testing process?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 209 of 411
Message 209 of 411

@Elohel

It's a firmware update so timings and availability may vary by market/carrier.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 210 of 411
Message 210 of 411

Dear Rickard,

Could you please kindly share some technical details regarding the problem?

Thank you.