account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Accelerometer stops working

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 151 of 411
Message 151 of 411

Re: Accelerometer stops working

@ianchen1967 wrote:
Below solution works so far after five days's trial. No functions and apps need to be disabled.

You should remember your google account and password before going.

(1) go to Settings - Apps - App Google, press Disable, this will unstall App Google from your phone, and no need to install factory version.
(2) go to Settings - Account & sync, press Google and click right-top corner to open menu, press Remove account.
(3) Restart your phone.
(4) Enter Google play store, you will be requested to login your Google account. Do it.
(5) Search App Google in Google play and install up-to-date version of this App, then open/enable App Google. Done.

Guys,

I am going to test the telephone after the "ianchen 1967's procedure" above reported.

Will let you know if it is working on my Xperia as well.

---

UPDATE: THIS SOLUTION IS NOT WORKING ON MY XPERIA 

Luigi P
One time poster
Message 152 of 411
Message 152 of 411

Sorry por my bad English!

I found something related to the error, the proximity sensor was always on before the problem was given and now had gone with what I had to restart to function accelerometer. leave one day with error then restart today and now the proximity sensor is lit as before and has not given me the problem. (A red light that looking at where are the light and proximity sensors)
Regular
Message 153 of 411
Message 153 of 411

I tried to uninstall the last update of memory app and disable the AR effect app and reboot, then the rotate function seems to be stable now.
Rookie
Message 154 of 411
Message 154 of 411

Just checked my sensors with the AIDIA64 app and most of my sensors are down again.... Really annoying please release a fix for this soon Sony Slightly frowning Face step detector, orientation, tilt detector, step counter and so on are all dead...
Regular
Message 155 of 411
Message 155 of 411

Uninstall the What's New update really works!!
One time poster
Message 156 of 411
Message 156 of 411

Is there a known fix for this besides reboot? It's a serious problem, as it affects the camera too. My screen rotation fails after just a few minutes. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 157 of 411
Message 157 of 411

Now more than 2 days after uninstalling the memory app 1.1.A.0.1 (latest system update) without any problems in my Accelerometer and gyro.
I didn't touched the what's new, AR effects, Google services/app, nor disabling any other system app.
One time poster
Message 158 of 411
Message 158 of 411

Same problem, i brought my phone a week ago and after restarting the phone it fixed for couple of hours then it stops rotation, i made a n update software and have the latest version,,, please i need help!
Regular
Message 159 of 411
Message 159 of 411

Sony, when will you release the update to us/ give us the solution? It would be disappointed for all of us without the target fixing schedule...
Inhabitant
Message 160 of 411
Message 160 of 411

Another solution is to delete the memory update in apps and all apps scroll down to memory app open it, press the three small dots on top right corner and delete the update and restart phone. Done