account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

missing "USB connection mode" menu

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: missing "USB connection mode" menu

How about a different phone?  Winking Face

When you checked everything you should consider that the port is not connecting well because of accumulated dirt or that the port is damaged.

I would go for cleaning first.

You can find how this is done on youtube.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Learner
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

looked at the port and it seems clean, no debris inside and connection seems fine, goes in and clicks, my wifes has the same phone and hers works fine with the same pc and cables.

Pioneer
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

This indicates a broken port.

I would still try cleaning first.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
One time poster
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

still having this issue. seems completely unable to get my pc to recognize my xperia x compact or vice versa. have tried every fix in this thread and more. pls help thanks

Learner
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

I had to get mine sent off for repair, it was USB-C problem. 

Apprentice
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

I sent mine for repair. It came back able to connect to the computer, but the mic was screwed up. No one could hear me clearly when I spoke. I had to send it back again. But it came back with more audio problems. Finally after the third time I sent it back they sent me a new phone. So for $150 and a lot of headaches, and not having my phone for about 4 months, I now have a new Compact X (same model made in 2017).

I'm really unhappy with Sony and don't plan to buy another Sony phone. I persisted though because it is the only small Android I can find right now at a reasonable price. I dislike big phones more than I dislike Sony still.