account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia X Compact can only turn on with location services off

Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Xperia X Compact can only turn on with location services off

As of a few weeks ago my Xperia X Compact always starts up (from being completely turned off) with location services off. This means that each time I need to turn it on and wait for the GPS cold start. This is quite inconvenient. Does anybody know what changed?

Since my Chipolos need location services I always keep it on but opt with the battery saving option. Formerly this was working well and when I needed navigation I turned on high accuracy and it found me instantly. Now it's all a hassle. I could just keep the phone on at all times but I'd prefer it off during the night as opposed to having it silenced for example.

Any help would be appreciated.