account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

X compact can't save video recording

Apprentice
Message 31 of 52
Message 31 of 52

Re: X compact can't save video recording

Same problem. 

Android 7.1, crash app after stopping record. Fix that PLS. 

Inhabitant
Message 32 of 52
Message 32 of 52

I am also having this problem and I do believe that it has been there since the Nougat 7.1.1 update. I came here looking for a solution only to find that there still isn't one. This is very disappointing considering that I have been buying Xperia devices for several years. The inability to save video to the MicroSD card is a big problem and has caused me to lose several moments that cannot be duplicated. This has been going on for several months and is getting ridiculous.

One time poster
Message 33 of 52
Message 33 of 52

I have the same problem! I bought the mobile in november 2016 and the camery was good until last summer. Then the problem began! Inside the mobile I have a 64 GB sd-card. When I delete the camera cash, it is going a while, but after several intentions the same problem! I have also reseted and reinstalled the phone without any success!

Next time a Samsung!!!

Visitor
Message 34 of 52
Message 34 of 52

After the last software update, my videos have been saving to my SD card, but my Xperia X is still having issues.

Since they will be releasing Android 8.0 for X and X Compact soon, maybe it will be resolved for all devices with the upgrade.  

I really hope so!

Message 35 of 52
Message 35 of 52

Could someone with the Oreo update please test to see if this issue is still present?

Highlighted
Message 36 of 52
Message 36 of 52

I have the same issue (7.1.1) with a 64 GB card.
Now back on 32 GB, problem solved.

I lost a very valuable video of a very emotional moment in life: impossible to redo it Crying Face

QLA
Adviser
Message 37 of 52
Message 37 of 52

Sony has to pay for it!!!

They do nothing to fix the problem , I think that they dont know how to solve it. 

QLA
Adviser
Message 38 of 52
Message 38 of 52

Is it working OK with 32 GB memory cards? 

Message 39 of 52
Message 39 of 52

I have a Transcend 32GB Class 10 HC card now.
This is a classic card, using the old and proofen read and write method.

Newer card models use advanced read and write (UC-cards): maybe that is the problem for the Xperia XC smartphone since the autumn 2017 update (I am just guessing). I had such a "modern" card when I got the problem. Card is damaged: impossible to read or write to it, even in the PC.

Message 40 of 52
Message 40 of 52

UC-cards has to be UHS-cards