account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

What happened to the Xperia keyboard? o.0

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 31 of 36
Message 31 of 36

Re: What happened to the Xperia keyboard? o.0

I have noticed this also and have complained to sony as the swift key board is W**k excuse the language. worst key board ever. I have downloaded the original APK file as Sonys key board is the best around as its fast and accurate each time. Why fix something that aint broken or replace with crap???

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 36
Message 32 of 36

I hated it at first but it's not that bad once you customize it.

device-2017-09-26-193226.pngSwiftKey

Message 33 of 36
Message 33 of 36

I was using the t3 before and was very Happy. It was pre 8.0.0.

The keyboard is sh1t. Now with the English keyboard it predicts Spanish words, i speak Spanish and live in Spain. This is impossible. Before you could change languages from the keyboard, now you can't. I communicate often in German Spanish and English.  The keyboard style constantly changes if you go anywhere near the space bar. And for a short while they gave us the spyglass magnifier which was great and then took it away. Very very disappointed! Sony clearly aren't willing to support or write the proper software for it.  P1sssed.! And what's with the question mark key?? Fff  off

Learner
Message 34 of 36
Message 34 of 36

If you have a backup of the old Xperia keyboard data you can easily restore it. I have gone through the same issue where the cloud sync stopped working. 

I had backed up the data from my rooted phone and after an upgrade of the os i may restored the file manually. If anyone's interested i can help. 

Commissioner
Message 35 of 36
Message 35 of 36

You might also try Gboard by Google. It's very straightforward and has many useful options, such as a persistent number row, Google voice-recognition built-in, and certainly offers a Spanish keyboard among many other languages.Screenshot_20181022-211343.png

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 36 of 36
Message 36 of 36

The wankers at sony decided over & force us to use this awful keyboard instead of the xperia keyboard which wasn't broken but I suppose sony think that if it is not broken just replace it anyway & who cares what the customer wants! We wi sell you a phone for £600+ but we will give you bad software instead of the high quality software we are used to!