account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wechat notification delay or no notification

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Wechat notification delay or no notification

I been having issues since day one after I upgraded to the Xperia X compact. My Wechat messenger has been getting delay or no notifications until I open the application to check. I never had this problem on my previous phone Xperia Z3 compact. I checked all the setting I possibly can and looked on the website for wechat settings. noting seems to work. Anyone got any ideas? thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Wechat notification delay or no notification

Hi @UncleSammo,

Go to Settings > Battery > Options (3 dots) > Battery Optimisation > Apps. In here, tick WeChat to disable the optimisation. This should allow it to update more frequently.

Also, under Settings > Data Usage, press the options button and make sure that "Restrict Background Data" is not enabled. Please be aware that if it is, and you disable it, you will potentially use more data.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Wechat notification delay or no notification

Sorry for the long delay in reply. That didn't work. I have try this in the pass. Someone had this posted on the internet. But somehow after I added WeChat to the battery optimization, it disappears the next day. I had to perform the whole process again. Not sure why. However with or without battery optimization, it remains delay or non responsive until I open the app.