account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Use display as flash for selfie

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Use display as flash for selfie

Hi! 

Some Xperia devices have the function to use the display as flash showing a white image before the taking the shoot (good solution for take selfie) . 

I don't see this function on my Xperia X Compact. 

Does anyone have any information about it? 

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Use display as flash for selfie

Hi @klaudio92,

I am sorry to say that there's no such built in feature in Xperia X Compact or other Xperia devices to my knowledge. However, I do know that there are third party camera apps which include such a feature, have you had the chance to try one out? I have not personally used any third party camera apps so unfortunately I won't be able to assist you with recommendations. Slightly frowning Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I have seen this function in Sony Xperia M5.

Thank you Emir for the contact page link 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

That sounds strange, I was not aware of such a feature and now when I have a look in an Xperia M5 I am not able to locate the feature. Could you tell me where it could be found?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Genius
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@Emir @klaudio92 there is no such feature in standard camera apps, you can use apps like Camera360 and similar to achieve such function however mind that it's not really that useful.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I believe you are right @YoGem. As I mentioned, I have not heard of such a feature and could not locate it in any of the Xperia devices I checked. Could it be that you remember it from a third party app @klaudio92?

Learner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

This afternoon I will meet my friend that has an Xperia M5 and I will ask if this feature is native or not 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Sounds good @klaudio92, let me know! Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Sorry! Is only a feature of a third part app Crying Face

Hope to see soon this feature on a Sony

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

No worries @klaudio92! I'll make sure to forward it internally as user feedback on your behalf. Slightly smiling Face