Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2017-06-24 11:09 PM
2017-06-26 10:13 AM
After the update the phone would not recognise my SD card (worked fine in the PC) I had to backup the card, reformat it in the phone and then restore on my PC.
All the apps referencing the SD card did not work and had to be reinstalled and set up again.
2017-06-28 03:57 PM
hi, the last update messed up my phone... First the camera crashed while taking pictures, then it randomly started to freeze and reboot on its own. It then became not usable at all, freezing on any app. It works fine when I remove the SD card, but since I merged it with the internal memory, lots of my apps are not available anymore.
Oh and I also receive a notification every time I boot the phone, saying sony ericsson crash reporter has crashed... or something like that.
Is there a way to recover my SD card (which is not readable by a computer due to the memory merge thing) without any data loss ?
2017-07-01 09:25 PM
I juste updated and I have a bug : when I try to get or send Gmail e-mails from the "email" app, it says that it can't connect to servers.
I used to use "No ROOT Firewall" and i switched to "NoRoot Data Firewall" but it's not working much better. When disabling the VPN of those apps, it works again, though.
The problem is only on my "...@gmail.com" adresses and my other adresses are working fine.
I now use "NoRoot Data Firewall" and "K-9 Mail" and they work like a charm.
But this update is creating a bug with "email" app so I would advise you to wait for a correction from Sony.
2017-07-03 02:01 AM
I updated my Xperia X Compact to 7.1.1 last week. I used a UK version beause the Xperia X Compact is not marketed in Australia.
I like some of the new features but I while I mostly like the update I have encountered some problems:
1. The phone is now encrypted (but not the SD Card). I have never encrypted this phone and the Z5's I have had the same update but are not encrypted. I don't know how or why the encryption occured - there were no messages.
2. Backup and Restore on the phone no longer works, but it did a week ago before he update. I can't do automatic or manual backups to the SD Card (gets to 50% and stops, plus all items in the backup increment at the same time - i.e. not sequentially like before) or to my online account - it won't sign in at all even though I am using the account for email, contacts etc..
3. Backup through Xperia Companion now requires a password (previously it didn't)
4. During setup of the phone, transferring data from another device is painfully slow - 10 hours!!
I feel the issues might be related - the encryption is preventing the backups.
I have tried a number of things to fix these, Factory Reset, reinstalling the firmware and setting up the phone as a new device, without any security measures applied but no solution yet. I have done some of these multiple times without finding a fix.
Anyone else had trouble or can offer a solution?
I am now considering using another firmware - HK, Singapore etc.
2017-07-03 11:12 AM
Can't confirm everything, but I flashed 7.0 UK to 7.1.1 IL and:
1. My device is also encrypted (NOT sure what was the status @7)
2. I was able to restore using the Xperia app (on settings menu) from SD card - yes it took a while, and was hung on 50%, but not that long - however my backup was only 500MB (99.9% app data).
So this might tell you something about trying different customizations..