account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Stamina notification on Android M and X Compact

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Stamina notification on Android M and X Compact

On Lollipop the way to tell stamina is activated is a small + icon next to the battery. That was excellent on my Z3 Compact.
Now when running Marshmallow on my X Compact there's a permanent notification in the notification field when stamina is activated. It's not removable. Very annoying.
At 30% you will get a message you're battery is at that point. This one you can ignore but at 15% the only way to get rid of the irritating notification is to actually go the the stamina menu and turn it on. But if you switch stamina on at 30% you will still get the 15% message. So that makes two notifications in the field on the top of you're screen. One screaming : "You're battery has only 15% juice left." Yep duh, I already know that because the percentage of energy left in the battery is right there sitting next to the battery icon. The other one says: "Stamina is activated." Yep, duh, I already know that because I just switched it on myself.
I really can not think of any reason why we need these notifications. You can not switch them off like other apps in the settings - app messages.
Sony, please loose the stamina notifications. The small + icon next to the battery is more than enough.
And all these energy related messages are polluting the notification bar.

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Stamina on Android M and X Compact

Don't forget to send your feedback and/or suggestions to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Stamina on Android M and X Compact

Hi @Hekkie,

I'm afraid that there are currently no settings that allows you to disable these notifications. I understand how you feel though so I will forward this as user feedback.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.