account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen protector?

Commissioner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Screen protector?

Are there users with/without screen protectors?

What do you think? Is a screen protector required or is the display strong enough for daily use? Slightly smiling Face

Greetings,

SirRobin
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen protector?

I have a screen protector and a folding cover. Don't know if the screen is OK without, but not worth the risk not having in my opinion.

Genius
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@SirRobin I'll tell you what happened to my X Compact: Last saturday I was doing my weekly bicycle ride when my phone dis-engaged from the cradle and fell down... I don't use any protection whatsoever for the screen and after sliding on the asphalt for about 2 meters... the glass was fine! I was wearing a bumper case though... and that got damaged and about 1mm of edge got deteriorated too.

Long story short: Buy a good bumper case, I can see the glass is really resistant, the edges of the phone not that much.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Hpw
One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

After one day use, the X felt down and the screen was severely damaged. New screen cost about almoust 70% of a new phone.