account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen capture movie not on Xperia X Compact?

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Screen capture movie not on Xperia X Compact?

I'm missing a great feature on my X Compact.
One can now longer capture a screen movie. It was there on the Z models.
There are apps in the Play Store but these don't do the job as well as the build in feature from Sony.
Please put it back in.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Re: Screen capture movie not on Xperia X Compact?

Hi @Hekkie,

As @alexdon mentions this function has been removed. I'll be happy to forward this as user feedback if you'd like.

The great thing about Android is that it's so customizable, there are lots of apps available on Google Play that might allow you to record your screen. @nolramlb had a suggestion, I haven't tried it myself but it seems to be getting good reviews on Google Play. If this app is what you were looking for, feel free to share it in our App suggestions thread. Slightly smiling Face

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/App-suggestions/m-p/1164148

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

@Hekkie Are you talking about screen recording? Indeed removed, sorry to bring bad news.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Yes that's the one. I hope it will be back in a future update. With my Z3 Compact, on Lollypop and later Marshmallow, I didn't have any issues.
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Hopefully Sony can give us a sneak peek in there kitchen about this?
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Az screen recorder is probably one of the best screen recorder out there

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Genius
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Hekkie,

As @alexdon mentions this function has been removed. I'll be happy to forward this as user feedback if you'd like.

The great thing about Android is that it's so customizable, there are lots of apps available on Google Play that might allow you to record your screen. @nolramlb had a suggestion, I haven't tried it myself but it seems to be getting good reviews on Google Play. If this app is what you were looking for, feel free to share it in our App suggestions thread. Slightly smiling Face

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/App-suggestions/m-p/1164148

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Please do Didrik. Send it forward.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

You can try using Snagit, the best screen recorder for Andorid and iOS device. 

Learner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

But why did Sony removed such a useful (and well working) feature like the screen recorder...

Just unboxed my new Xperia X Compact and no waterproof nor screen recorder...

Come on Sony, you should upgrade the new devices, not the way around.

Learner
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Yep. Pretty sad. I broke my z5 Compact and feel like the X is a downgrade. Lots of little things missing. My Z was a better device all around. 

Sony please hear this. If your next compact is a half effort I'll be leaving the sony brand after being with you guys since.... the X10. You've let me down with this X big. 

It is an OK phone. But its no Z5c which is a step in the wrong direction. The recorder worked great. 

This phone feels cheap in comparisson.