account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Reboot, reboot, reboot...

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Reboot, reboot, reboot...

@jp241 

Have you reinstalled Xperia Companion? 

Is the phone fully charged?

Have you updated JAVA on your computer? 

how did the issue first started? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Yes, did all those things.

I don't know exactly when it started. Sometime in December. Maybe after the latest Oreo update?

The charging port started to malfunction in December so I replaced it.

I don't know if this started before or after replacing the port. The new port charges reliably again. But the phone won't recognize when it is plugged into a computer. No menu.

Pioneer
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Hi @jp241 

Answering this question:

Please describe again. Those instructions for the forum do not make sense and don't work.

Did you notice this line:

2B. If the device can't be detected or powered on, or if you it's a SmartWatch 3, make sure you have ticked the box in the bottom left corner "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" and then click on "Next".

The other thing is that with my USB cable and my device, it won't detect the device, but when I plug in the USB C plug the other way round (turning it 180 degrees) it does detect it and operates as expected.

(I do seem to have a crippled cable or something {not Sony but from the local supermarket} )

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Apprentice
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Yes, I checked that box.

Yes, I turned the cable over and tried different cables.

One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I had the same issue. Yesterday I've done the software repair with Xperia Companion and everything was working again. 

But this morning I've noticed that my battery was down again and after recharge I had the same problem again. My phone is constantly rebooting. so I can start all over again.