account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Problem with antenna / radio / sim.

Regular
Message 1 of 3
1,463 Views
Message 1 of 3

Problem with antenna / radio / sim.

Had X compact for 3 months - no problems...then...

 

...Sim stopped working for no reason - not even in other phones.   Sim bust.

 

Got a duplicate sim -  worked in other phones but not mine.

 

But it loads it and sees it (70% of the time) - and just has no signal / network / coverage / cell / 3g / 4g....nothing (wifi is ok).    The other 30% of the time it says "no sim found on startup."

 

A shop told me it's the antenna / radio chip - but for the life of me have no idea how to get this.

 

My phone was a present from USA - I am English and live in Spain.   PLEASE HELP.

 

I can give serial numbers - This was expensive and shouldn't break after a few months.

 

:-(

2 REPLIES 2
Regular
Message 2 of 3
1,439 Views
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with antenna / radio / sim.

Hello?  Surely for $400 someone is supporting this new device?

Highlighted
nx6
Learner
Message 3 of 3
1,407 Views
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with antenna / radio / sim.

U.S. model phones are covered under a U.S. warranty. That warranty may or may not be valid in Spain. You need to consult your warranty documents.

 

If you want to make a warranty claim -- this forum is not how you do it.