account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

People I call won't understand me

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

People I call won't understand me

Hey there! 

When I take a call, the respondent barely understands me. First I though that the microphone might be broken - BUT Voicemessages with WhatsApp are no problem, as well as calls with my headset and even calls with the loudspeaker turned on. As soon as I turn the loudspeaker off the call silences as if a noise-sensor waites for loud input - shouting works. Any ideas? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: People I call won't understand me

That's pretty strange. Short of a reset, you could try the following:

*  Download another phone app and see if it works better.

*  Go to Settings app, then Apps& notifications, then App info, then Phone. Under Storage, clear out first Cache (see if that's enough), then Data (if necessary), and see what happens.