account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Overeating and battery drop

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Overeating and battery drop

Hello,

I'm an happy owner of an Xperia X Compact. This terminal is amazing, but since the last update (34.2.A.2.69) I'm experiencing some issues. 

Especially during games (clash Royale) the phone is becaming very hot and the battery drop fast.

I never experienced this kind of behavior before. Let me know if there is a workaround or I can provide more detail information for help in the resolution.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Regular
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Overeating and battery drop

The solution is to no update it! 😂

Try a repair on Sony pc suite or a factory reset from the settings menu. If that doesn't help, you'll have to wait to see if it normalises. 

Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I tried a factory reset but that seems of no use... At the moment in order to get a decent usage time I removed a lot of apps and all the games (not so important)

I will se if it normalize or maybe a future update will solve the issue. I belive in you dev team

This is very unlucky by the way

Regular
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

That's why I'm not updating from 6.0.1

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The Xperia X Compact has Android 7.0 from the box. 

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Not necessarily. When I got mine it had marshmallow.