account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo killed my X Compact Battery

Apprentice
Message 41 of 46
Message 41 of 46

Re: Oreo killed my X Compact Battery

Same here, the mobile standby is my battery.

Compared to my Z1 Compact, this phone in many ways.

I can't believe I made a mistake like this, usually I do very thorough research to know what I am buying.

Learner
Message 42 of 46
Message 42 of 46

I actually bought this phone because the reviews of professionals said it has a long lasting battery. I have to charge it 2-3 times per day even without the current battery issue. However I admit I'm a heavy user. Still disappointed though. My old phone (some shabby old Samsung) made it through a whole week with just one charge.... 

Apprentice
Message 43 of 46
Message 43 of 46

Is there any new comment and/or feedback on this matter? I am still holding the upgrade on my own X Compact, cause the battery itself is not the newest too after more than two years of service. Thanks.
Apprentice
Message 44 of 46
Message 44 of 46

Still no fix from Sony, which is a shame because they're much better at putting out updates than Samsung. I have just been putting up with it and carrying around an additional charger. Doesn't make me want to buy another Sony phone in the future.

One time poster
Message 45 of 46
Message 45 of 46

Same here, I believe I might skip the next purchase for a SONY device. It is a shame really. Having owned many devices over the years, I have come to conclude that most SONY xperia devices are plaged with bugs. And on a personnal level, I no longer have the patience to read on forums on fixes and spend time on fixing something that was a feature to begin with. I believe that, to many of us, the strong battery life of X compact was attractive at purchase. Thus far, I have owned, a Z2, Z5 compact and X compact. All of them had major software problems that I had never had experienced with devices from Samsung, apple, blackberry, LG, google and more. The x compact used to last me 2+ days, and now barely a day with moderate use after oreo update. Reset, repairing, reflashing did not help either. I guess, my only solution is, to learn from these issues and not to buy an xperia anymore.

One time poster
Message 46 of 46
Message 46 of 46

1. in developer options set the mobile data always on: off

2.downgraded my play store to default settings and apk version (auto updates off)