account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Nougat upgrade lowered cpuclock??!

One time poster
Message 31 of 39
Message 31 of 39

Re: Nougat upgrade lowered cpuclock??!

I have a similar problem- since upgrading nougat my phone keeps freezing all the time, virtually on everything "unresponsive system or app- close it or wait?". It used to be smooth and fast, now it doesn't respond, forget about switching between recent windows, don't even want to mention camera as it used to be super fast, now it takes at least 5 seconds to start, another 5 to actually take a photo, if you are lucky and it works. Maps froze already few times and phone restarted itself on several occasions. I'm affraid I can't rely on it at all! And of course forget about smoothly scrolling down or up. It only works when it wants to. Please do some improvements or make an option to come back to previous software as Nougat is terrible! I can't see any good thing about it and it supposed to be an improvement. Really disappointed.
Learner
Message 32 of 39
Message 32 of 39

Re: Nougat upgrade lowered cpuclock??!

Thanks sony for help!!
Learner
Message 33 of 39
Message 33 of 39

cpu problem

my xperia x compact cpu 0-3 works at 1400GHz and 4-5 not working. why?

Emperor
Message 34 of 39
Message 34 of 39

Re: cpu problem

@topdj21

which app are you using to test this?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 35 of 39
Message 35 of 39

CPU-Z

Learner
Message 36 of 39
Message 36 of 39

Screenshot_20170205-220144.pngScreenshot_20170205-220153.png

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 39
Message 37 of 39

if you just look at posts #11, #18, #20, ...  of this thread you will find the answer:

1) that CPU-Z wrongly states CPU 4 and 5 not running

2) that all cores actually are working with Nougat also

Commissioner
Message 38 of 39
Message 38 of 39

Apparently it has been fixed in update  *.311:

2017-02-07 09.52.58.png

Let's be clear, the bug was on the code allowing Android apps to display the cores, not on actually activate them. They have always been all up and running as busybox was showing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page
Adviser
Message 39 of 39
Message 39 of 39

There was an issue  that caused 3rd party CPU monitoring applications to misreport CPU status, it was fixed on 311. Same issue with Xperia XZ and it was solved on .417 as well.