account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Nougat: No date in notification shade

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Nougat: No date in notification shade

Minor bug in the 34.2.A.0.266-R4C update: pulling down the notification shade once just shows the time, not the date.

It shows both time and date on my Pixel, so I don't think this is intentional.

I emailed support, but wanted to mention it here too to increase the chances of the engineering team seeing it.
12 REPLIES 12
Regular
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Nougat: No date in notification shade

Yeah, same here, shows only the date. Also, when pulling it down twice, there's hardly ANY space between the date and the time it all looks really muddled up. Do u agree? Sony should fix this...
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

From the lockscreen it shows both, from the home screen indeed you need to pull 2 times.

I can try to escalate this.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Thanks Alex. Support wanted me to do a repair/factory reset, so you escalating it would be very helpful.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Same here no date in notifacation shade Even i performed_20161231_130940.JPG factory reset... 

Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@SOUNI1@MikelWard@Prince13

If you change the display size (settings - display) to small, you should see in the notification bar both time and date.

This is default vanilla android.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Thanks Alex. That does work. But I don't want to make all my fonts and icons small. The date should be visible in normal display size as well.
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@MikelWard You could forward your feedback to google.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Alex, AFAIK, Google doesn't release a 4.6" phone, so it's really on Sony to send the fix upstream.
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

@MikelWard The OS is developed by google, some of the features can't be changed.