account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New dialer and the scroll

Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

New dialer and the scroll

Hello everyone,

There is barely no reason to hate the Nougat Update.

Barely ? Yes because there is something awfull in the news: The DIALER (trumpet sounds). This new dialer has the good idea to add a contact and favorite page reachable with just one swipe. But why does it have to be so laggy when it comes to scroll the call log !

I hope Sony realized it but it's just astonishing to let this on the release as it's the key app of a phone. There is also the fact that the contact page of the dialer looks more like a duplication of the contact app but it's more debatable as I find it quicker to swipe in the dialer than open contact to call.

Hope it will be fixed in a future update (7.1.1 Face with stuck-out Tongue )

4 REPLIES 4
Commissioner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: New dialer and the scroll

I confirm it's very laggy. You can also add the fact that now the dialer and contacts app aren't theme-able anymore. Which is a shame, the Nougat customisation for themes is quite ugly. I'd dare to say broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I haven't updated yet but that can't theme on the dialer anymore Slightly frowning Face

Commissioner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Also there is no more the voice, under the three dots, to delete ALL the calls' chronology as in the version on Android 6!

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

call log lagging after nougat update

After nougat update my call log lgs in scrolling...