account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower battery life after update to 34.2.A.0.292

Highlighted
One time poster

Lower battery life after update to 34.2.A.0.292

Hello,

after above mentioned update my battery life decreased for about 80 %. And it says that most of the battery is used for Android system. Before that (first update on Nougat) I was able to get two days without charging, now it is on 15 % by 8 pm after night charge. Anyone having similar experience?

1 REPLY
Commissioner

Re: Lower battery life after update to 34.2.A.0.292

@andro43

Hmm. No, something must be wrong in your phone. Probably an app eating up the battery. My battery life isn't excellent, it has never been, but with the last update it seem it did improve a bit. I'd suggest to install GSam Battery Monitor. The good news is that it doesn't need root, but you have to follow the instruction to grant the permissions to it via "adb" using the computer.

Once installed and enabled you can check with it if any app is misbehaving. It's a very neat app, quite complete for this purpose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Visit my FaceBook Page
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!