account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Latest Android software available!

Pioneer
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Latest Android software available!

It has landed in Russia, Latin America and India so far.

The rest of the world rests in patience.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Is a good thing to be the last in the row. If problems arise with the upgrade others will find solutions Smiling Face with Sunglasses

I just read that Samsung has stopped the roll-out of 8.0 due to a bug. Not sure if that is true, but if so I am even more happy to be last in the row !!

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

It's here! I'm going in... wish me luck! 

😀

Kroma

Update: I survived. All good (but picture in picture not very intuitive).

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Well I've updated my Xperia X compact to oreo and so far I'm impressed. 

For starters i play wot blitz, every battle started late but since the update ive not had 1 late start, game runs super smooth. 

I get a small hitch when typing a message within the game.. The key's get a bit jumbled ie "overlap" 1 another, but solved by closing and reopening the keypad and typo errors happen "frequfrequ"  frequently like that lol.

Album still take 4 ever loading pics:-(

Settings menu is nice, seems a lil more organised. 

If i notice any reason not too update i will give u heads up:-)

Still going good... Uk oreo btw

No option to clear cache within the storage settsett PLUS these annannoy typo errors

Now able to turn mobile data 

on and off with one click, 

Battery life is same as before 

Apprentice
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Wish I never updated my battery is now toast

Talent
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Wish I hadn't updated either, does anyone have a link to the UK generic FTF for Android 7.1.1??

Thanks

Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Don't upgrade to Oreo!

I'm one of the "Guinea pigs" from Russia and those who updated! System Android 8.0 crude and contains many mistakes!

Be the last in line to upgrade to Oreo, in this case, very good!

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

This morning I got a notification that Oreo was available for download (Vodafone NL). I installed the update with Xperia Companion. First I received build 34.4.A.0.364. Battery gets a bit hot during this update btw Slightly smiling Face.  Immediately after that a second update became available. I am now running 34.4.A.2.19,  for now without any complaints.

Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Don't upgrade To Android 8.0.0 Oreo!

Updated Android 8.0.0 with 34.4.A.0.364 to 34.4.A.2.19 with the hope that many mistakes will be corrected. No, errors are not fixed!

Stay with Android 7.1.1-excellent, stable version. The Oreo is still raw and contains a lot of bugs!