account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Latest Android software available!

Apprentice
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Latest Android software available!

Well, that's what Xperia Companion is telling me when I plug my X Compact into my PC.

But, on clicking on UPDATE and OK to download the new software nothing happens. The new upgrade is meant to be downloading in the background but nothing's happening.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

18 REPLIES 18
Pioneer
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Latest Android software available!

It does a standard search starting with a short message that a new update is available and then comes to the conclusion that you're on the latest software.

That is normal behaviour.

Your update to Oreo will be available for you in due time, depending on your region and /or provider.

You patience maybe tested during 2 or 3 weeks.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Apprentice
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Hi,

That's what is was doing but I now only see the message that new software is available.

Are you saying that this is a false message?

Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

@bonzospb

I think it might just be an extra load on servers, try again in a few. Also, make sure that you have enough space on your hard disk plus a stable internet connection.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Yeah, sounds like busy servers to me too.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Sorry come ota oreo? My pc don't recognize pc

wrote:

Well, that's what Xperia Companion is telling me when I plug my X Compact into my PC.

But, on clicking on UPDATE and OK to download the new software nothing happens. The new upgrade is meant to be downloading in the background but nothing's happening.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Apprentice
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

What happened yesterday was:

I reconnected the Xperia to my PC on three separate occasions and every time the Companion app informed me that an OS update was available and that it would download in the background.

On the fourth attempt I was informed that my software was running with the latest available version.

I connected this morning and was informed that a new software version was available but then told that I was running the latest version on clicking on 'update'.

All very confusing.

Pioneer
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

@bonzospb

That's normal.

It seeks for udates and comes to the conclusion that 7.1.1 is the most recent for you (at this moment)

It just isn't your turn yet.

Possibly you have to wait one or two weeks depending on region and provider.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Still waiting in the UK. Getting impatient now πŸ˜’

One time poster
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

I didn't receive any system updates in the last 2 months (even if I tried to update/refresh). I was used to get 1 system update every month last year. What should I do?