account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Fb app

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Fb app

Facebook (fb) app does not do or save some setting and I get a popup message at bottom of screen which seems to be coming from the phone itself. Cleared data and cash, no good, uninstall app which leaves the factory version, cleaned phone data and cash switched off phone. Try to download app again via play store but say it already installed, so start factory one and it downloads updates but still the issue persists. Its been happening for months so I'm sure if it was a fb issue they would have eventually sorted it with new updates, any ideas

3 REPLIES 3
Commissioner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fb app

If you're really stuck, you could try

mbasic.facebook.com

in your web browser. It is limited, but it allows most of the functions of facebook/messenger. It will also ALWAYS work. 

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@MalMan 

could you elaborate on the issue, which settings are not being saved? also, it will be wise to send your feedback to the app developer through the playstore 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Found the problem, using a page as admin for groups would not save some group settings. Added my profile back as admin and it saved them.