account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Factory reset time for Xperia X Compact

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Factory reset time for Xperia X Compact

Hello- I hit factory reset on my sony xperia x compact and it's been almost an hour and a half.  Initially the screen showed the android logo (for about 5-10minutes) but since then (over an hour) it has been on a white screen with the Xperia logo. 

How long should a factory reset take? Do you think there's some glitch or should I continue to wait it out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Factory reset time for Xperia X Compact

I hard powered on and off a couple times. Would stay stuck on the Xperia screen. Finally, I let it be for a couple hours and it rebooted. So it definitely took some time but it's up and running.

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@roosh 

it shouldn't take that long, you can use Xperia Companion to do the same and reinstall android.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply! I downloaded the Xperia compnion. And chose the "software repair" option. However, it is saying that my device had lock code. Even though I don't have any lock code.

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@roosh 

What happens if you restart the phone? does it start normally or does it get stuck?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I hard powered on and off a couple times. Would stay stuck on the Xperia screen. Finally, I let it be for a couple hours and it rebooted. So it definitely took some time but it's up and running.