account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Downloads on Xperia x compact?

SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Downloads on Xperia x compact?

I've recently moved on from m4 aqua to compact X and my question is where are downloaded items kept?? My m4 had a 'downloads' icon but the compact x hasn't. Need to find an emailed pic that was downloaded! Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Downloads on Xperia x compact?

@mmmfairycakes the X Compact has an app called "File Explorer" and from there you should be able to go in the "internal" or "external" storage and finding a folder called "Downloads" however you could also open chrome, open the top-right menu and tap to "Downloads".

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
6 REPLIES 6
Genius
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@mmmfairycakes the X Compact has an app called "File Explorer" and from there you should be able to go in the "internal" or "external" storage and finding a folder called "Downloads" however you could also open chrome, open the top-right menu and tap to "Downloads".

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Fab! Many thanks 👍👏

Genius
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@mmmfairycakes anytime! 

Wizardry is the key!
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

there is no file explorer on my compact x, use es file explorer app instead.

Adviser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I could not find a "download" button so installed a file manager app which solved the problem. However, subsequently I did spot a Downloads app, Blue circle with white downward facing arrow. Not sure if it appeared after one of the updates or whether it was there all along and I missed it.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@Andre9 wrote:

I could not find a "download" button so installed a file manager app which solved the problem. However, subsequently I did spot a Downloads app, Blue circle with white downward facing arrow. Not sure if it appeared after one of the updates or whether it was there all along and I missed it.

Yes. There is no file manager app on the phone, as stated earlier. I found this odd. There is a "Downloads" app on the phone, which is basically a file manager, though. This is really confusing, but I'm glad there's an easy file manager app on the phone that suits my needs.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bringing users more features should not mean leaving users without a chance to opt out of those features. No offline calendar nor a sound recorder out of the box? Why?