account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Double tap to wake

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 11 of 24
Message 11 of 24

Re: Double tap to wake

Tapping 3 times works 99.9% of the time, give it a try !

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 24
Message 12 of 24

Unfortunately I have the same issue with double tap to wake.

Tried with two X Compact phones, both behaved the same. Works randomly, no matter if I tried tapping on center or three times or after I picked the phone in my hand etc.

I am asking Sony engineers to not disregard this problem. Because there is still one.

Adviser
Message 13 of 24
Message 13 of 24

who marked this thread solved???

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 24
Message 14 of 24

I wondered myself. This problem is not solved!

Message 15 of 24
Message 15 of 24

@grininja

The Original Poster found his question solved, so he marked it.

Try the hints suggested by Jonas.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 24
Message 16 of 24

But I did, as I mentioned in my first post. Not only that, I did also a reset and a software repair. I am curious if OP is satisfied, if DTW works properly now.

Message 17 of 24
Message 17 of 24

@grininja

Would you go to Settings -> About phone -> Diagnostics -> Test -> perform both Accelerometer and Gyroscope tests?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 24
Message 18 of 24

Ok, I did it.

* Gyroscope is OK.

* Accelerometer... I don't know. It seems ok, depending of positioning. If I hold the phone in hand, almost vertically, it is very responsive. If I hold it flat and shake it only on X axis not so much. But, seeing at what force it reacts, I don't think that accelerometer is responsible for a gentle double tap on the touch screen for waking it up...

Message 19 of 24
Message 19 of 24

@grininja

Well, my Accelerometer (on Z5) is responding well to shakes in both vertical and horizontal positions. It a bit more responsive in vertical orientation indeed, but still a gentle shake will trigger the vibration in horizontal orientation.

You said you tried performing a software repair using Xperia Companion, so this might suggest that your problem in physical. Contacting your Local support would be the best solution if you still under warranty.

Learner
Message 20 of 24
Message 20 of 24

This is the problem I am having with double tap to wake. For me it works perfectly when actually trying to wake the device, but it's constantly going off in my pocket. I had this problem with the Z3 compact and now I'm having the same problem with the X Compact. Someone at Sony needs to implement the proximity sensor into this feature, as other companies do.