account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Disappointed with battery performance

Learner
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Disappointed with battery performance

Why can't the battery hold longer. Z3 compact with same usage, last about 2 days! X compact not??

18 REPLIES 18
Emperor
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Battery

Test both phones side to side in >>> safe mode for few hours. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

Go to settings location tap the three dots right and turn both sliders to the off position. WiFi and Bluetooth are always scanning on mm for google, even if they are both turned off in settings. This was a huge drain on the xa model
Genius
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

Hi @Xcompact,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you checked what applications use the most power in your phone? Wait until about you have 10% charge left and look under Settings > Battery > Press the battery icon and take a look in the list there.

Also, how long would you say that the battery lasts in your Xperia X Compact? How much screen time are you getting out of a full charge?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Re: Disappointed with battery performance

The irritating part is that the highest battery use only 11 % is, screen.

I use the phone during the day a few times to check mail or to app someone. I also listen to about 2 songs on YouTube. From 100% to 36% in 7 hours.
Emperor
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Make sure to post screenshots

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

@Xcompact,

As @uliwooly suggested, is there any change if you use your phone in safe mode for a few hours?

Could you also post screenshots of your battery usage here when there is about 15% charge left?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

I have the same disappointment. With my Z1 Compact and Z3 Compact the battery lasted over almost two days. With my new X Compact there's only 10% left around diner time. The usage is the same. And also the most energy consuming is the screen, but only for about 12%. I'm not using the battery life expanding feature. Therefore, when a full charge is 100% and I pull of the consuming apps the outcome must be the percentage of energy left. Wrong! The outcome is about 40% of energy left (right about the amount I'm used to with my recently deseased Z3c), while the Xc is giving me a 12% left. There's 28% missing. Do I have to go outside and search for it or something?
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Oh and I've tried and activaded Stamina. It should last hours and hours longer. To my surprise the battery draint even faster.
Commissioner
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Same problem here, actually. This since when I bought the phone. The first days it was even up to 6% per hour. Constantly. But I had the phone synched with my old Xperia M2. Then using it and uninstalling some unneeded apps it went down to 1.5-2% per hour with screen off, up to 4-5% per hour with screen on. Basically from morning to midnight it goes down 50% or so.

The wakelocks, for what they can be monitored with an unrooted phone, are quite high. Also I've noticed that all 6 cores are always active?? Is that normal? The Xperia M2 was shutting down up to 3 cores over 4 when doing nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page