account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Deleted application screen button

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Deleted application screen button

Hi! By misstake I deleted the application screen button on my home screen. Any suggestions on how to get it back?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Deleted application screen button

This happened to me also two months ago when I "restored" the backup I made with my Z3 Compact to my new X Compact (the restore procedure by the way did work very nice otherwise).

Go to the "recently used apps" page and look if you find an instance of "settings" there. If you're lucky and you do, start it, go to apps, look for Xperia Home and delete all data.

If "settings" not in the recent apps page there is still a way to go: long press in an empty area of your home screen, choose "widgets", then links --> settings. There you choose "apps" to have a link to "apps" on your homescreen. Start "apps" with this link, look for Xperia Home and delete all data.

You will have to rearrange your homescreen afterwards (it's set to default), but at least the application screen is accessible again with the corresponding button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

@Rippeddragon That button cannot be removed as far as I can see, checked on more than one Xperia (Z5c, X, XZ). It is definetely there, check the other home panels.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

This happened to me also two months ago when I "restored" the backup I made with my Z3 Compact to my new X Compact (the restore procedure by the way did work very nice otherwise).

Go to the "recently used apps" page and look if you find an instance of "settings" there. If you're lucky and you do, start it, go to apps, look for Xperia Home and delete all data.

If "settings" not in the recent apps page there is still a way to go: long press in an empty area of your home screen, choose "widgets", then links --> settings. There you choose "apps" to have a link to "apps" on your homescreen. Start "apps" with this link, look for Xperia Home and delete all data.

You will have to rearrange your homescreen afterwards (it's set to default), but at least the application screen is accessible again with the corresponding button.

View solution in original post

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

If you didn't have the settings on thw recent apps. Try to access it via the notification dropdown. There is a quick shortcut to the swttinga menu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The dropdown is surely the best and quickest way to access "settings" when your application screen is not accessible. Thank you @nolramlb for adding this!

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Hardy66 Good catch, a transfer of home customization could have created this.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.