account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Change notifications volume

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Change notifications volume

In Settings, I see where to change the volume for the ringer, alarm and meds, but how do I change the notifications(email, Sms) volume?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: Change notifications volume

It's the same volume for all notifications/calls

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

there are 2 volumes, one is for media (music, video) and the other one is the notification volume, emails, texts, etc.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

There are 3 volume settings on my phone and none of them is for notifications - I see alarm, ringer and media.
Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

You are correct, Media, Alarm and Notifications

Media: music, videos, etc

Alarm: just the alarm

Notifications: ALL notifications

Apprentice
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

For the 3rd time, my phone has volume settings for media, ringer and alarm, NOT notifications.
Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Again, you have 3 volumes, and one is for MEDIA, another for ALARMS and the third will be for all NOTIFICATIONS

anywhere on the home screen press volume up or down > you will see the 

Notification & ring volume 

Tap on the arrow on the right side 

you will see 

Notification & ring volume 

Media volume

Alarm volume

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

_20161112_102641.JPG

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

This answers my original question. Thank you. I was looking under Settings and didn't try the volume button. But if ringer and notifications are set at the same level, then it means I cannot set the ringer for loud and the notification to low. Is that right?
Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

It's the same volume for all notifications/calls

View solution in original post