account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Buying 'new' xperia X compact on eBay

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Buying 'new' xperia X compact on eBay

Haven't thrown my old iphone 5s in the bottom drawer yet.   But time's getting close.   After much googling have short-listed the X-compact as best choice.  The price jump to the XZ & beyond is too much for this old pensioner.

I'm in Sydney Australia.  "New"  X-compacts are cheap on eBay.au   The market seems to be cornered by chinese importers.  (link below as sample)

Is it sensible to save $ & buy one on eBay?   The shopping mall mobile shops seem to have forgotten to lower the price as time marches on.

ebay examples-

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sony-Xperia-X-Compact-F5321-32GB-Factory-Unlocked-Black-White-Blue-Smart...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unlocked-in-Sealed-Sony-Xperia-X-Compact-F5321-4G-LTE-Smartphone-Mobile-...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Buying 'new' xperia X compact on eBay

@AaLF 

The Xperia X it's a good phone, it'll be wise for you to play with it at your local store before buying any phone, just to see if it is what you want. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@AaLF 

The Xperia X it's a good phone, it'll be wise for you to play with it at your local store before buying any phone, just to see if it is what you want. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @AaLF, I'm happy to hear that you are interested in an Xperia X Compact! Slightly smiling Face

As there is only one version of the Xperia X Compact, you should not run into any strange behaviour when it comes to the bands that are supported by the device and your operator. However, as always with devices that are imported, it's very rare that they will have the same software customization in the device compared to if you bought one in a store in Australia, where it would most likely come with an Australian customization.

This can affect features such as VoLTE (voice over LTE) and Wi-Fi calling. I'm not sure if your operator supports these features, supports them for the Xperia X Compact, or that you will use them, but it's always something to keep in mind.

You may also want to check with your Local support team in Australia regarding warranty and so forth and if the device can be repaired (if needed) in Australia, or if you need to get in touch with the seller on eBay (which can be a bit tricky) to have the device repaired.

Let us know if there is anything else that you are wondering about! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi, I am using the X Compact for more than 2 years now, and I'm still very happy with it. Compact size, fast enough, long battery life (even after 2 years). The common price in official webshops in our country at this moment is about 270 euro. I can recommend this device without any hesitation. You should however consider the fact that it doesn't get firmware or security updates anymore, because of the Sony policy to stop updates 2 years after the phone is released.

I think the most important thing is to buy a definitely new one, not a used of refurbished device, so you are sure you will get a new battery.