account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth disables itself randomly

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 65
Message 1 of 65

Bluetooth disables itself randomly

Bello, i have a problem With my phone, Bluetooth disables itself ramdomly and doesn 't want to start utiI restart my device. I have a lg smartwatch connected and I find myself without connection.
When I see that the bt is off, i cannot turn it on again, the switch doesn' t do nothing.
Any ideas?

Ps: i dont have antivirus and smart connect installed
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talent
Message 58 of 65
Message 58 of 65

Re: Bluetooth disables itself randomly

So it seems that upgrade to Nougat fixes the Bluetooth issue.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
Emperor
Message 2 of 65
Message 2 of 65

Test the phone in safe mode for few hours or repair the phone with XC

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 3 of 65
Message 3 of 65

Last time bt worked for 2 Days before turning itself off.
if i make a factory reset is like a repair with pcc or not?
Emperor
Message 4 of 65
Message 4 of 65

Since it doesn't happen as often, it'll be hard to figure out what's causing this, you could repair the phone with XC but i don't really see another way to figure it out. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 5 of 65
Message 5 of 65

I will try with a factory reset, it is strange tough I have The same apps like on my old z5c and the old one was working without any problems.
Emperor
Message 6 of 65
Message 6 of 65

if you are going to factory reset, you might want to repair the phone with XC instead

Commissioner
Message 7 of 65
Message 7 of 65

@andysoft wrote:
I will try with a factory reset, it is strange tough I have The same apps like on my old z5c and the old one was working without any problems.

Without going through the pain of a factory reset, you may want to try first to reset your network settings. I'm not sure in English, but it should be something like this:

Settings/Backup & Restore/Reset Network Settings

That resets the WIFi/Data Connection (3G/LTE) and yes, the Bluetooth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page
Talent
Message 8 of 65
Message 8 of 65

Yes is there, but this only delets the settings for those 3, when bt works I don't have connection problems with the smartwatch, Imo is a software /driver related issue with the bt.
I will try in the week-end when I have more time.

PS: what app may cause this tough?
Commissioner
Message 9 of 65
Message 9 of 65

Since once off the BT sometime doesn't turn on anymore I doubt it depends on any app. I imagine it's a bug in our version of Android. It just adds to the weak WiFi, the brightness going down to zero, the battery draining in some devices (mine the first days. Up to 6% per hour. Now it seems more normal). It's a new phone, some issues were expected. Hopefully we'll get an update soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check my theme collection for Xperia™ devices!
Visit my FaceBook Page
Talent
Message 10 of 65
Message 10 of 65

Yes I also think is a bug, happening again just now and I tryed to do the test of BT from the xperia care menu and it fails, doesn't want to turn the BT ON-OFF .

As I said the only workarround is to restart the phone Slightly frowning Face

So is a bug IMO, I will try to reset to factory in the weekend, maybe someone from SONY should investigate this issue for the future updates.