account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Blue light filter - Oreo

Pioneer
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Blue light filter - Oreo

Hi @GingerSteve77

Night light is an option that has been available on Xperia X Concept and is present on XZ2

Hope that many more ask for that feature.

Read here.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Talent
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

I can't believe this feature isn't being built in to Oreo if we are no longer allowed to use third-party apps to do it! Who comes up with this stuff? So we now have to suffer sh*t sleep and headaches because some loser at Google has decided that only their Pixel phones can have night light mode native to Android!

Are there any plans from Sony to try and integrate a blue-light filter?

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Bump, seems like our struggles have come to an end (haven't tried it myself yet though) 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2018/03/22/enable-night-light-mode-if-youre-running-the-march-2018-securit...

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Yes, the last solution works on my X Compact with March security update.

Talent
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

@bzzrakwrote:

Bump, seems like our struggles have come to an end (haven't tried it myself yet though) 

http://www.xperiablog.net/2018/03/22/enable-night-light-mode-if-youre-running-the-march-2018-securit...

That's interesting, thanks for letting me know.

Is there any word on Sony including this feature in an official update for their phones? (including X Compact)

One time poster
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

In screensetting hoj Will find nightligth (transated from swedish) , it worked for me. 

Good luck 

One time poster
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

I fixed it!

1. Measure the width of your screen and the height of the status bar.

2. Carefully cut a piece of electrical tape to those same dimensions.

3. Place the electrical tape over the status bar.

Problem solved!

(But seriously, this is annoying)

One time poster
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

I have sleep delay syndrome disorder and the total cover of the screen (including lock screen, status bar and notifications) was really important... I'm going to root the phone and install the previous version

Pioneer
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Huh @Ooohlala  ?

This night light isn't good enough? You can even switch it on all day and change intensity.

One other thing and I don't want to offend you; Do you need this device by your side?

I sleep upstairs and my phone has to stay downstairs when I sleep.

It is a guarantee for undisrupted nights as far as electric devices are concerned.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Commissioner
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Turn the phone face-down. If you set it to give you a quiet audible notification only when something important occurs you won't be disturbed, at least while you sleep.