account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery drains faster since last android upgrade to 34.3.A.0.244

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: Battery drains faster since last android upgrade to 34.3.A.0.244

Google beening the battery eater is inline with my observations - took a snapshot for battery consumption yesterday evening in both my phones.

In one phone top consumer was goodle services 31%, second was Adnroid OS 18% and third was phone Idle 16%. The one app I installed on 16% nad then only single digit consumption values. 

In other Idle was first on 24%, then my installed app second21%, then android 11%, screen 11% and then single digit values but top ones there was andoid system, google play and mobile sleep.

Hope I get update soon and that it is the solution.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Hi everyone. I may have a solution: under "battery optimisation" (Settings/Battery/Battery optimization), disable or "not optimized" ALL the apps, including the system's. It'll take a good five minutes to check the boxes, but the phone has been running normal ever since the September, 2017 update blunder - no more over heating, no lag, battery lasts for two days, etc.

Still trying to solve the "network dropout" issue

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

I wonder why you even had everything checked. By default it has 3 apps under "not optimized" section (Download manager, Google Play Services andSoftware Update) and they can't be unchecked.
If you had something under there then you must have added them yourself.

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

MIght be that Android upgrade was not the bad guy. I just got an update from one app that I am using "pricespy" (in swedish "prisjakt") and they wrote in their last release note on google play that they have just replaced a battery consuming 3PP code library.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.prisjakt.pricespy&hl=en

Perhaps this app was updated at the same time as android and that this is the root cause. Will see in a few days if things get better with this update or if I still think it depends on the andtroid update. Or perhaps it is the combination of new android and this 3pp library in the app.

Have asked them for name of 3pp library, that might have been used by other apps as well.

/Patrik

Visitor
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

I think battery drains quicker since last update too.  I also get song xeperis home screen app crash on reboot of phone.  These updates seems to be causing more issues nowadays.  A couple of updates ago caused me huge problems with SMS keep crashing.  I think more thorough testing is required before releasing updates.

Enthusiast
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

No such problems on my X compact with 34.3.A.0.244 build. Just saying...

Apprentice
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Since the 34.3.A.0.252 update the situation got much worse in my case.  I have to boot the phone once or twice a day because the power consumption goes up rappidly (25% per hour when active; normal is < 10%).

I am still guessing which package is causing the drain. Unfortunately different monitoring apps are showing different apps at the top (sometimes even apps it did not even use for some days). Android istelf is showing "Standby" and "Andriod System" at top. Is there a reliable monitoring app, which drills down to the system processes?