account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Android and bluetooth handsfree

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Android and bluetooth handsfree

My Experia X Compact is a great phone, BUT it fails on bluetooth hands free operation.

It seems that Android OS never really gave thought to handsfree operation which is a safety issue when using your phone while driving. I have had two Android phones and neither have worked properly. The first was such rubbish that I bought a Nokia feature phone so that I could use the thing properly in my car. Now Nokia (original Nokia, not the Microsoft version) understood phones. On both S40 and S60 you could set up a phone profile, one I always set up was "In car". I could ensure that when in car it would 1 automatically connect to my blue tooth earpiece (previously paired and turned on of course). 2 I could set up the accessories so that it would auto answer when connected to BT device after a number of rings. The rest just happened.

I connected the same BT device to my X compact. 1 Where is the auto answer ? I cannot find it anywhere. 2 Being Android, it does not understand that I want ALL sounds in my ear. The phone still rings on the speaker. There are no keypad feedback tones in my ear.

I cannot find an app that provieds all these features. Come on Sony, I am sure you can fix this with a sw update. It should be standard an all mobile phones else they should be banned from being used in a car while driving.